Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Finds

While my daughter was here for a visit, her amazing friend Susan Ward told us about J. Crew Distribution Center in Arden, NC (just west of Asheville).  I can hardly believe we hadn't found this place before, so I just have to share it with you.  They had lots of deeply discounted clothing, not items made just for the outlets, things that they have in the catalog, and one sweater had sample written on the underside.  But, in keeping with my wedding-themed blog, they had bridesmaid, flower girl, ring bearer, and even bridal dresses.  You won't find a dress with a two-foot train and Alencon lace, but you might find something perfect for you.  I saw one wedding dress for $60.  I must warn you, though, most of the things are for the "skinnies", size six, eight, ten.  It was so much fun, just getting the possibility of a really great deal.

After a long, and tiring shopping trip, ;-) you must try Tupelo Honey.  The food is definitely southern, but upscale.  The rosemary peach lemonade is the best I've ever had.  What do you  think they have for appetizers?  Giant biscuits, on the house.  The southside cafe is close to the distribution center, and not as crowded as the downtown cafe.  Asheville is such a fun town.

No comments:

Post a Comment