Sunday, October 2, 2011

Congratulations Charity Clark and Nathan Shepherd!

Charity and Nathan were married Saturday, September 24, at New Canton Plantation in Church Hill, Tennessee.   The bride's dress was by Watters and had a very interesting flower at the back waist.  She wore a pair of gardenias in her hair, which lent a subtle scent whenever she passed.  The bridesmaids wore navy dresses with halter tops and ruffles extending around the neck, and dipping low in back.  The groomsmen wore oatmeal-colored suits.  The groom's boutonniere was a red cockscomb, white hydrangea, and peach hypericum berries.

The bride chose wildflowers, and what an assortment of flowers were available!  There were zinnias, dahlias, goldenrod, hydrangea, lilies, lisianthus, cosmos, black-eyed Susans, and red and yellow cockscomb.  The flowers, which I arranged, primarily came from Aunt Willie's Wildflowers.  The bride requested flower spheres, and I made balls completely covered in wildflowers which hung from the top of the tent.  I also made two flower wreaths to adorn the impressive front doors at the mansion.  The flower girl, the couple's daughter Averie, stopped to smell one of the flowers hanging from shepherd's hooks along the aisle.  The photographer, Rachel Hayes, caught that special moment.

This was the first opportunity I had to work with this venue, and the experience was great. They were very helpful in every respect.

I meant to take more pictures, but I was just too busy.  I was also directing the wedding and placing flowers on the cake.  Yikes!  Maybe you can check out Rachel Hayes's site for more a little later.  My photography skills are about as good as my basket weaving skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment