Saturday, November 27, 2010

How Much Time Does It Take To Plan a Wedding?

As much time as you want, or as much time as you need.  Today I directed the wedding of Ashley Boatman and Cole Theile, who got married at 11 a.m. at First Broad Street United Methodist Church.  The wedding wasn't planned far in advance, as a matter of fact I wasn't notified that the couple wanted to get married until November 2.  It was a very beautiful wedding, as beautiful as if it had been planned for 18 months, as many weddings are. 

When you have such a short time, there are many compromises which have to be made.  Many things are not your first choice, but the choices you finally make turn out to be wonderful choices for your wedding.

Here is a candid photo I made shortly after the ceremony with my cellphone.  Notice that the groom is getting used to wearing a wedding ring.  I hope this family will be very happy, and I wish them all the best.  I was proud to be a part of the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment